Cellar

The cellar is roughly 12ft by 12ft of walking space. It contains a 4,400 gallon cistern. The rest of the basement is left as the natural shale ledge the lightouse was built on. Electricity was brought to the lighthouse in 1956 and that is when the electrical breaker system was installed and the house wired. The basemnet had a small oil tank which contected to the outside 5,000 gallon one. This 275 gallon oil tank was removed in July 2015 in preparation of the new electricial system coming to the lighthouse. 



Friends of Pomham Rocks Lighthouse
P.O. Box 15121 Riverside, RI 02915
Contact Us
© Pomham Rocks Lighthouse 2020